Life at home!

We have finally made it home after 23 weeks in the NICU and 2 weeks in rehab. Please enjoy the new blog. Our NICU story can be found at http://beaujacob.blogspot.com Our Yahoo Groups board for blogging parents is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ParentBloggers/ Feel free to join!

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm embarking on a new quest that I never expected, but it's fun and unpredictable!

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

December 12th, 2006. What happened to my little baby? I think Beau ate him. My "little" boy is now 11 lbs 13 ounces and gaining like you wouldn't believe! He is a monster and a half! He's getting more coordinated with his movements and leans to the people he wants to hold him and would rather stand than learn to crawl. He's hilarious too. He'll look you right in the eye and full out laugh at you.

It's unbelieveable that he is the baby I gave birth to just 6 months ago. He was so small and fragile then. Now you would never know that this pint sized brut was so small at one time. He's got rolls on rolls. I've taken to calling him "Chunk" lately. He's starting to sit by himself for a few seconds at a time before falling over. He is just amazing to me. And to his visiting nurse too, who's decided to discharge him today. I'm really going to miss her. She was so nice and I enjoyed talking to her and bouncing ideas off of her. Thankfully she left her phone number and told me to call if I need to.

In the mean time, we have two doctor's appointments this month and weekly EI with the physical therapist. Thank God for oversized calendars that take up most of the refrigerator or I wouldn't know where to start. What I need to get is a little pocket organizer for booking appointments. I am constantly double booking! It just gets silly sometimes. I am going to get a concusion from all the headslaps I have to give myself for being dumb.

Okay I'd love to keep chatting but I definitely need to change his diaper because DAMN can that boy clear a room! Take care and have a great holiday if I don't get back to you in time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Lots going on since I last checked in. He's gotten so BIG!!! He looks so happy, and so darn cute. Love seeing pictures of him at home!

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home