Life at home!

We have finally made it home after 23 weeks in the NICU and 2 weeks in rehab. Please enjoy the new blog. Our NICU story can be found at http://beaujacob.blogspot.com Our Yahoo Groups board for blogging parents is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ParentBloggers/ Feel free to join!

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm embarking on a new quest that I never expected, but it's fun and unpredictable!

Sunday, February 04, 2007

February 4th, 2007. Wow it's been such a long time since I've updated.
Beau has been put at a 6 month level by his OT. We're waiting to see what the new PT says tomorrow. It just wasn't working out with the last PT. Her personality just didn't click with ours, especially Neill's.

We do have some very good news though. We're now 24 weeks and 2 days pregnant. That's 3 whole days longer being pregnant than with Beau. It was a huge relief to hit and pass the 23 weeks and 6 days point. I know it's still far from 40 weeks, but none the less it was a huge achievement. I feel better, happier, not so anxious and stressed.

Our little girl is doing well so far. I'm not doing so well though. I feel like a house and my sciatic hurts so much I can hardly move sometimes. This is definitely my last pregnancy.

Beau is really coming along though. He is crazy about his aunty, especially when she has her hair up. He's funny like that. He's recognizing his great nana and great grandpa. I think he thinks they're his play toys. He is so cute interacting with people. If he sees them at least once a week, he's a little shy at first, but then he wants to play. If he doesn't see people that often he keeps a tight grip on my shirt and will cry if they pick him up or get too close. We're happy he's getting "stranger anxiety." The PT and OT say that shows developmental maturity.

Beau has a check up appt with his pediatrician on the 13th, so I'll have an updated length and weight for everyone. We weight him and measure him at home now. He's about 25 inches and 15 pounds. Of course all of this is a rough estimate considering we do it for fun more than anything. What really counts is that he's happy and healthy and has come through his early birth to NICU to rehab experience. We're just thankful to kiss his cchubby cheeks and hug him everyday.

2 Comments:

Blogger 23wktwinsmommy said...

Hello. I just found your blog. It's so nice to meet other 23 weekers! Our twins, Serena and Edwin Jr, were 23 and barely 5/7 (born at 3am on the 5th day). I read your NICU days and I'm so thankful Beau came home with you and is doing great! Our twins came home last Monday, and we are so happy! Congratulations on your pregnancy with your daughter as well. I added Beau's link to our blog. Check out my blog when you get a chance! I'll keep reading about him as he grows and develops.

10:26 AM  
Blogger abby said...

We're thrilled to hear how well Beau is doing and that you're now beyond 24 weeks with his little sister. Beau and Hallie share a birthday (though he's a bruiser compared to our girl) and we were thrilled to find you guys.

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home