Life at home!

We have finally made it home after 23 weeks in the NICU and 2 weeks in rehab. Please enjoy the new blog. Our NICU story can be found at http://beaujacob.blogspot.com Our Yahoo Groups board for blogging parents is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ParentBloggers/ Feel free to join!

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm embarking on a new quest that I never expected, but it's fun and unpredictable!

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

May 1, 2007. Beau is doing fantastic! He's getting so big, more long than wide! He's built just like his father and older sister. Long and athletic.

He's walking with support, standing for about 30 seconds on his own, and has even taken a few steps on his own. Yes, my child that refuses to crawl forward or backward more than a few inches is learning to walk. He's doing great at it too. His PT thinks he's doing a great job and I think she's also given up on the whole crawling thing. At least he's used those crawling muscles and they're strong. Needless to say, he's starting to pull up on the furniture and is into everything. As my nana says, "No flies on that boy."

On another note, I've developed pre-eclampsia and have been put on bedrest. I've been on it since Thursday. I'll continue to be on it until next week when I'll be past 37 weeks and Becca won't be considered preterm. We're happy with that! Right now she's about 7 lbs and just getting bigger by the day. I'm so excited for next week. Keep your fingers crossed and good thoughts coming our way!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

You know I'm keeping you all in my prayers! And obviously they are working because Beau sounds like he is doing great and Becca, too!

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home