Life at home!

We have finally made it home after 23 weeks in the NICU and 2 weeks in rehab. Please enjoy the new blog. Our NICU story can be found at http://beaujacob.blogspot.com Our Yahoo Groups board for blogging parents is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ParentBloggers/ Feel free to join!

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm embarking on a new quest that I never expected, but it's fun and unpredictable!

Saturday, September 15, 2007

First Steps!

Beau took his first steps independently today! He totally shocked me. I'd put some really cute new jeans on him and I wanted to see how they looked. I put stood him up on the floor and said, "Let me see how your new pants look," and the little buggar took three steps towards me and fell into my arms! For a second I didn't even realize what had happened. Then I saw the very triumphant look on his face and I couldn't stop laughing and hugging him and telling him how great he was while calling for Neill to get his butt in the bedroom because his son just took his first steps! Neill came in and smiled and laughed and congratulated Beau too, but guess what happened next... I put him in the same spot and the little monkey did it again!! Can you believe it?! We've been doing it all day now. He's taking 3-6 independent steps at a time towards me. And I do mean independent. Like he takes 2 steps, stops, then keeps going. It's about 50/50 right now for the number of true independent steps versus falling steps. But I don't care! My beautiful, amazing, miracle of a boy took his first steps today and he is so proud of himself, almost as proud as we are of him.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Hooray for Beau! It is so amazing that, at the age of 15 months, Mr. 23 Weeker Miracle is already taking his first steps. Watch out, Mommy and Daddy--you've got an independent little fighter on your hands!

6:28 AM  
Blogger WeeOnesMommy said...

YAY Beau!!!! You go kiddo..
We love you!!

Jess, Chuck, Aiden (and 2 more coming very soon)

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home