Life at home!

We have finally made it home after 23 weeks in the NICU and 2 weeks in rehab. Please enjoy the new blog. Our NICU story can be found at http://beaujacob.blogspot.com Our Yahoo Groups board for blogging parents is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ParentBloggers/ Feel free to join!

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm embarking on a new quest that I never expected, but it's fun and unpredictable!

Friday, December 14, 2007

I Know I Know!

Oh man am I behind on this blog! Soon I'll be putting up new pics and writing more, as soon as the holidays finishing beating the crap out of me.

We have several new updates. I have a new job and I LOVE it! I work with troubled kids in a court ordered group home. Besides how the name sounds, we have a good time and we get to help kids in trouble.

Beau has caught up completely developmentally AND for growth! He's the size of any other 18 month old toddler; nevermind he should only be 14 months. He has 7 teeth now :). He is WALKING! No... running away from me now. He's so funny. All he needed was a little bit of guts and he took off. His new trick is walking and drinking from a sippy cup.... it's funny to say the least. His eczema is rediculous though. We've been refered to a dermatologist who will hopefully be able to help. Winter is so rough on his skin. Anyhow, I'm still not used to seeing my little boy decide that he doesn't want to do whatever and walk away from me into his room... too funny!

Becca is a little princess as always. She currently has 2 teeth! She's very particular and demanding, luckily she's SO cute and cuddly and smiley and happy.... :) Beau has a new remote control car that she HATES! She just looks at it and starts crying. I can't entirely blame her seeing as Beau decided to aim it at her. She's currently sitting up and very close to crawling. She's been up on all fours and rocking back and forth for a while. She gets some forward motion, but mainly backward. She's very frustrated that she can't just get what she wants immediately... this could be a problem later on. I don't even want to think about the teenage years with her. She's finally taking to solid baby food and has stopped acting like I'm poisoning her. Now she snaps at the spoon like a snapping turtle! We have a video that is so funny of her eating... I'll have to remember to upload that. She stares at the spoon for a few seconds before lunging forward and eating the food. She's also taken to biting the spoon.... cuuuute.
Next time hopefully I'll be able to upload pics and vids!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Well, it's about time you gave me a Beau and Becca fix! It is simply amazing that Beau is doing so well--remember when they wanted to give him a G-tube because he wouldn't eat and was at risk of losing weight?! He sure has come a long way!

I'd love to see some pictures when you get a chance :)

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home