Life at home!

We have finally made it home after 23 weeks in the NICU and 2 weeks in rehab. Please enjoy the new blog. Our NICU story can be found at http://beaujacob.blogspot.com Our Yahoo Groups board for blogging parents is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ParentBloggers/ Feel free to join!

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm embarking on a new quest that I never expected, but it's fun and unpredictable!

Friday, June 04, 2010

New info!











Hi everyone... if anyone is still left reading this blog. I wouldn't blame you if you aren't any longer. It's been way too long since I've last posted.




Life has been interesting in our house. Full of ups and downs and new experiences.




Beau just turned 4 and Becca just turned 3. It's AMAZING! Every so often I read through my old blog posts and remember how they came into the world. No one can believe Beau's progress.




We noticed he had a speech delay that wasn't improving about 8 weeks before his 3rd birthday. We called early intervention who worked with our little man until he turned 3 and his preschool took over. He saw the preschool speech pathologist for 3 weeks, then entered into the summer program. From there he just exploded! Now he doesn't STOP talking lol. He has an IEP in place so he can continue to get help for his language.




Currently he's working on writing his name. This would be SO MUCH EASIER if he had ANY interest at all in coloring or writing. Sigh.




Princess peanut butt (Becca) on the other hand just loves to color and write. She's already starting to write her name and draw me pictures. She's a mommy's girl through and through. She's always by my side and I just LOVE it!




Beau isn't as much of a cuddle bug as Becca is, but I just love it when he comes over and sits on my lap with his monkey. Oh yes, the monkey's are still with us! They are essential to any bedtime or awkward situation for the little man. Even his preschool teacher is on friendly terms with the monkeys!




I will keep blogging and posting pictures of the kids for all of those interested. Just let me know!

2 Comments:

Blogger samylaine said...

were still in my blog lines, lol. I remember the old blog too.. Good to see an update finally!

2:46 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Yay for an update! WOW...I saw the pics and I didn't even recognize them! I've been reading since before Beau came home, and it's amazing to watch them grow! Please keep posting! :)

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home