Life at home!

We have finally made it home after 23 weeks in the NICU and 2 weeks in rehab. Please enjoy the new blog. Our NICU story can be found at http://beaujacob.blogspot.com Our Yahoo Groups board for blogging parents is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ParentBloggers/ Feel free to join!

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm embarking on a new quest that I never expected, but it's fun and unpredictable!

Thursday, March 06, 2008






















Hi everyone! It's been so long since I've last posted. I can't believe how busy I am. Now that I'm back to work, I realize how much free time I had before and how much I don't have any now. Anyhow.... Mom's 50th birthday party went brilliantly. Sorry to all of you that couldn't make it. It was a lot of fun, the baby pictures were fantastic, and mom didn't suspect a thing! Scary what good liars we can be when we're on a covert mission.

The kiddos are doing GREAT!! They get along together SO well. Beau is an excellent big brother. Neill and I found them in their room and Beau was teaching Becca all about legos. He put them together, then pulled them apart, then handed them to her. She was so sweet watching him and trying to do it. We couldn't believe how patient he was with her. They are just the best of friends and it's so amazing to see. Beau loves to keep her entertained and she loves when he feeds her.
Beau's getting his molar's in. I didn't even know he was cutting more teeth until I saw the gleaming white in the back of his mouth. No I-teeth yet, 2 1/2 molars though. The I-teeth look like they're trying to do something, what I have no idea. Becca has three teeth. They are SUPER sharp. Trust me, I've been bit way too many times. You think I'd learn not to stick my fingers in her mouth.
Both are super busy. They are everywhere and into everything. Luckily the whole house is baby proofed, so they go as they please with little to no boundaries. This is a good and bad thing. When we go out, they get lots of boundaries and Beau has the hardest time with it. Becca's still small enough to just put on my lap and as long as I have food, she's good. The girl can eat for America! She cracks me up. She's pulling up on everything and cruzing a bit. It's too cute to look down to the peanut pulling up on my pants leg. I think awww she wants her momma, then I realize there's food in my hand and I don't feel so awww anymore. hehehe But I must say, she's a very cute little cuddle bug. Our pedi said she's doing great, she's a peanut though, but at least she's a consistently growing peanut. She is so smart. She learns SO quickly I can hardly believe it. She's such a mimic too. She's mimic sounds, movements, and dances! She crawls along the floor, then stops to lean back and forth going, la la la. I can't stop laughing at her dancing and singing.

Beau on the other hand is HUGE! He's so long I can't believe it. That boy has the longest legs, the thickest, longest eyelashes, and plump red lips..... I am so jealous! He is very busy learning how to use his body in all kinds of interesting ways, like hanging upside down or running away from Neill and I. He's also developed a very important skill.... pull open the vents and throw toys into the vent shaft... YAY! I'm so proud. He thinks it's great to throw the food he doesn't want into the grates too. Lovely. He's still a chronic W sitter. We're working on alternative positions and thankfully, he's open to suggestions. His words are amazing. He is so smart I can't believe it. He can understand complex instructions (throw the ball to mom), can hold a conversation (whether you fully understand his side is up for debate), and cleans up his mess! He's too cute. He's also learned to smile on demand for pictures! The picture above is that smile lol.
We've started introducing him to the potty. It's harder than I thought. I have to keep reminding myself that people potty train their kids everyday, but I'm absolutely clueless and definitely open to suggestions! For now he'll sit there for a few, but then is too busy. We've let him walk around naked to get him used to his body functions, but that boy just isn't ready to pee on the potty. So for now we're working on sitting whenever we have to go and if he gets "the face." We all know that face that says I'm in the process of soiling my diaper!
We're really looking forward to spring and summer at our new house. We've got our own yard!! We're picking out sand boxes and getting ready to bring toys outside. Now all we have to do is build a fence made special to keep in babies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home