Life at home!

We have finally made it home after 23 weeks in the NICU and 2 weeks in rehab. Please enjoy the new blog. Our NICU story can be found at http://beaujacob.blogspot.com Our Yahoo Groups board for blogging parents is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ParentBloggers/ Feel free to join!

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm embarking on a new quest that I never expected, but it's fun and unpredictable!

Sunday, August 21, 2011

August 21, 2011





















We have had such a fun, busy summer and it's not even over yet. I'm posting some recent pictures from our summer, including one from our most recent adventure in Newbury Port, MA (I'm still unloading the car!).

Beau is absolutely amazing. I can hardly believe he's getting ready to go to kindergarten... where did the time go? I love watching them grow, but I do miss the baby years. They are simply amazing to me. Between ballet, soccer, t-ball, karate, play dates, and school it's no wonder time flies like it does. Even more amazing is the conversations between the kids. Both of them are so advanced for their ages. Sometimes I find myself shocked by their higher cognitive functions - like rationalization, negotiation, and logical conclusions. Cracks me up when they tell each other that they "need a minute alone". Too cute!

As you can see, Beau not only learned how to write his own name, but also his sister's. :) I don't have the heart to clean it off months later.

Every once in a while I look back at the NICU blog and I'm reminded all over again how it felt to be a NICU parent. To all NICU parents, past, present, and future, I wish you only the best. Be strong and have faith. My thoughts and my heart go out to every single one of you. To those who have kept up with the blog and continue to read our story, thank you for all of your time and well wishes. They have meant the world to our family. And finally, to those who want to pay me lots of money to share my story you can contact me at drelovett@hotmail.com! LOL. Worth a try, right?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home